Launching the New Brand for Generation Rx: A Program to Prevent the Misuse of Rx DrugsSeptember 28, 2015
Between 6 and 7 million Americans, age 12 and older, have misused a prescription painkiller, sedative, or stimulant in the past month*. And approximately 5,500 people do so for the first time every day.
To address this epidemic, Origo recently teamed up with The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and the Cardinal Health Foundation to help relaunch their online program, Generation Rx – an initiative to prevent the misuse of prescription medication and promote safe medication practices.
Designed for people from all walks of life, Generation Rx gives users tools, resources, and educational materials on how to prevent the misuse of Rx medications. There is also information on the scope, causes, and consequences of this issue.
To help reach a greater audience, we created a new brand for Generation Rx, helping to reposition the initiative as a more community-focused program that will help prevent the misuse of prescription drugs. (from a brand that reflects a more clinical organization for health professionals)
Furthermore, we created an interactive and mobile-ready website, engaging different users through:
- A PSA Video: An educational motion graphics video about the cause, consequences, and prevention of prescription drug misuse
- Educational Programs: A wide range of programs providing free resources and materials designed to educate and spread awareness to different audiences. Materials in the toolkit include interactive activities, supplemental worksheets, fact sheets, and visual aids for presentations, workshops, and classrooms
- Social Media & Interactive Strategies: Social media feeds and page designs, as well as a form where individuals can share their own personal stories
- An Online Classroom: Interactive activities and games to promote the proper use of medications as well as grow awareness on the consequences of misuse.
- A Blog: A blog featuring different stories across the nation related to safe prescription medication practices.
We are proud to be partnering with The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy and Cardinal Health for such an important cause. Learn more by visiting the new Generation Rx website at: http://www.generationrx.org/
*Data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s National Survey on Drug Use and Health. (Painkillers such as OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin)(Sedatives such as Valium, Xanax) (Stimulants such as Ritalin, Adderall)*