Childhood is a time when children form the experiences and memories that will impact who they become as adults. For many, it is a time of playfulness, imagination, and innocence. Unfortunately, it’s not this way for every child.
Statistics show that 1 out of every 10 children are sexually abused before their 18th birthday, and in 90% of these cases, the child knows and trusts the abuser. To address this issue, the YMCA of Central Ohio wanted to promote the Stewards of Children Sexual Abuse training course, educating adults on how to effectively prevent, recognize, and react to child sexual abuse. With this in mind, the organization asked Origo to create a cause marketing strategy to spread awareness around the online training program, encouraging coaches, educators, parents, and child care professionals to sign up and take the training.
Developing a Campaign Message
After conducting working meetings to discuss the strategic goals of the campaign and identify impactful statistics and messaging points, Origo developed a powerful messaging platform for the campaign. A campaign call-to-action (“Join the Movement. Protect A Child.”) designed to encourage adults to make a difference in their communities by getting educated and taking a stand against child sexual abuse. Origo further brought this concept to life through a bold, attention grabbing lockup and a powerful video script, outlining the scope of the current problem and solutions offered by the training.
Creating Marketing Touchpoints
Once establishing the messaging and visual direction for the campaign, Origo applied the new creative to the following marketing touchpoints:
- Motion Graphics Video – A 90-second animated video to create urgency and awareness around the issue of child sexual abuse, as well as promote the online training. The video lived on the YMCA, as well as other organizations
- Social Media Graphics – Graphic templates to be used by organizations and schools to promote the program on social media pages.
- E-Mail Series – Provide an engaging email strategy to be sent out to YMCA subscribers and other partnering organizations.
- Printable Handout – Design a handout that promotes the new program and outlines the issues around child sexual abuse.
- Digital Banners – Design 3-5 digital banners that can be utilized on different organization and school websites, promoting the online training.
- Media Toolkit – Consolidate the different marketing touchpoints into a media kit to promote the program to schools and other community groups.
The branded campaign promotion was successful in encouraging adults throughout Central, OH to participate in the training and take action to prevent child sexual abuse. Origo is honored to have taken part in such an impactful initiative, helping to protect the innocence of children across Ohio. For more information on the training, visit: http://ymcacolumbus.org/guardiansagainstabuse